As a charity seeking donations from the public we, North West Hospice, aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We confirm that our organisation complies with The Governance code for the Community, Voluntary and Charitable Sector in Ireland
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in North West Hospice.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to North West Hospice for the ongoing provision of specialist palliative care services in our region.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors, will:
- Be informed of our mission, and of the way we intend to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing Board, and that the Board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to our most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing North West Hospice will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if we intend to share mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of us.
Feedback and Complaints
North West Hospice values your views and is committed to ensuring that all our communication with the general public and our supporters is of the highest possible standard. We will listen to you and welcome your positive and negative feedback, so that we can continue to improve.
What to do:
If you have feedback or a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact our Executive Manager, Ms Nuala Ginnelly. Please give as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Ms Nuala Ginnelly ,
North West Hospice Centre,
Tel: (071) 91 70523
We are open 5 days a week, from 9am – 5pm.
What happens next?
If you contact us over the phone, we will try and resolve the issue there and then. Similarly if you contact us by email or in writing, we will always acknowledge your contact within 7 days and do everything possible to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
If the complaint is not resolved
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the North West Hospice Chairperson. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board Level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board Members.